ACM COMPASS is inviting nominations for new members of its Steering Committee. Please submit short, one-paragraph nominations using this form by May 10, 2022. New members will be announced at the 2022 conference, to be held in Seattle from June 29-July 1.
About ACM COMPASS
Inspired by the broad agenda of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), ACM COMPASS is an international forum for the presentation and publication of original research that supports the growth of sustainable societies worldwide, from a broad array of disciplines including computer and information sciences, social sciences, environmental sciences, and engineering.
Expectations of the Steering Committee
The role of the COMPASS Steering Committee is to:
- Broadly promote and champion the conference as the premier venue in its area
- Help to attract a large number of high-quality paper submissions
- Select the conference dates, locations, and chairs
- Advise the current and future chairs on organizational issues
- Represent the conference to ACM and forge ties with adjacent research communities
Members serve a three-year term. More details on steering committee governance are available online.
We seek steering committee members with the following characteristics:
- A vision for how the COMPASS conference can best evolve to serve the needs of the community
- Demonstrated engagement with prior conferences (e.g., as attendee, author, organizer, etc.)
- Willingness to actively contribute to strengthen the conference community
Nominations consist of a short statement (max 150 words) that speak to a candidate’s strengths in these areas (link to nomination form). Self-nominations are encouraged. The steering committee will review nominations and invite 3-5 people to join the committee. If the invited person was not aware of their nomination, the invitation can be declined. Candidates nominated but not selected this year will be automatically considered for the following two years as well.
Nominations are due by May 10, 2022. The new steering committee will be announced at the COMPASS 2022 conference on June 29-July 1, 2022.